Call for Abstracts – Sponsors – Registration – Hotel & Area Information – Program & Schedule of Events
Policies & Disclaimers – James Q. Cannon Scholarship
The AHQA Quality Summit offers a focused, annual opportunity for quality improvement experts from around the country to network with their colleagues, grow in their capacities as professionals, and learn some of the best practices being applied now in the field.
Peer-led presentations provide attendees the opportunity for in-depth interaction and discussion with experts and researchers, including other quality contractors, who are offering to share best practices. The 2019 Quality Summit featured an expanded schedule of peer-led sessions highlighting success stories across the health quality improvement community.
Stay Tuned For Registration Information!
Call for Abstracts
The Call for Abstracts for the 2019 Quality Summit, presented by the American Health Quality Association (AHQA), is closed. The 2019 Quality Summit will be held October 3 – 4, 2019 in Baltimore, MD.
Abstracts will be accepted online until 11:59 p.m. ET on Friday, April 11, 2019. Concurrent, peer-led sessions provide attendees the opportunity for in-depth interaction and discussion with health quality improvement experts and researchers. The 2019 Quality Summit will also feature engaging plenary sessions and ample opportunities for leaders and learners to network and discover new ways to advance initiatives in their organizations, in their communities, and beyond.
- Abstracts are no longer being accepted for concurrent sessions.
- Concurrent sessions are 50 minutes long, including Q&A.
- Presentations can be structured as single presenter or with multiple presenters.
- Presentation emphasis should focus on practical lessons learned and solutions that attendees can adapt for use in their day-to-day work.
- Sessions with presenters from multiple quality contractors are encouraged.
- Abstracts will be accepted online until 11:59 p.m. ET on Friday, April 11, 2019.
2019 Quality Summit Conference Topics:
AHQA seeks proposals for presentations in the following eight (8) topics areas:
- Rural Healthcare Access
- Chronic Care Management & Health Equity
- Behavioral Health
- Joy in the Workplace
- Real-Time Data Collection in Practice
- Return on Investment for Quality Improvement Activities
- Continuous Internal Quality Control Strategies
The following criteria will be used to evaluate abstracts:
- Clarity and organization: Submissions should present topics/ideas in a logical, easy-to-follow format. Abstract titles should be brief, clearly indicating the nature of the topic. Text should be proofread to ensure accuracy.
- Relevance of topic to discipline: Presentations should address the immediate concerns of the discipline and advance the knowledge of attendees.
- Innovation and originality: Information should be new to the audience and offer functional solutions to real-life challenges.
- Practicality and value: Demonstrate quantified improvement: outcomes, lives saved, dollars saved, accidents prevented. Include successes, failures, lessons learned, and practical strategies that can be “taken home” and applied.
- Quality of data and methodology: Experimental and analytical methodologies and data should be defensible. Research should be complete or nearly complete.
Submission Process and Deadline:
To be considered for presentation, your submission must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on Friday, April 11, 2019. Abstracts must be submitted online. Late submissions will not be considered. Submissions will be reviewed by a committee, which consists of quality contractors from throughout the country.
Presenters wishing to attend the conference are required to pay meeting registration fees and all other expenses involved with attending the 2019 Quality Summit, in Baltimore, Maryland.
Presenters must provide an electronic copy of slides a minimum of seven (7) days ahead of the conference if they wish presentations to be loaded in to the appropriate laptop at the conference. Presenters should also bring a copy of their presentation on USB to the conference. This is very important in case of technical difficulties or other logistical problems.
The 2019 Quality Summit is a paper-lite event. Hard copies of presentations will not be distributed on-site; however presenters are permitted to bring their own copies for distribution to attendees in their session. All presentations will be posted to the AHQA web site; attendees can access the presentations there.
Wireless internet will be provided in the meeting rooms.
Hotel & Area Information
Program & Schedule of Events
Policies & Disclaimers
James Q. Cannon Scholarship
The James Q. Cannon Memorial Scholarship is a distinguished award whose purpose is to help early career professionals working in the health quality field attend the annual AHQA Quality Summit. Recognizing that professional relationships and peer learning are critical to success, AHQA is seeking to assist the next generation of emerging professionals in building those relationships and further that learning. The scholarship will cover housing, registration, and travel.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be an early career professional (5 years or less) working on the QIN-QIO contract.
- They must be a staff member or contractor of any current AHQA member or member organization.
- Must complete an application by 11:59 pm ET on Friday, April 11, 2019.
- Complete with a 500 word statement of interest in why they want to attend, what they hope to learn at the Quality Summit and how it will improve their current work.