AHQA is pleased to announce the creation of the James Q. Cannon Memorial Scholarship. This scholarship is a first of it’s kind of award whose purpose is to help early career professionals working in the health quality improvement field attend the annual AHQA Quality Summit. Recognizing that professional relationships and peer learning are critical to success, AHQA is seeking to assist the next generation of emerging professionals in building those relationships and further that learning. The scholarship will cover housing, registration, and travel (ground and air) to and from the conference.
Application process for the 2018 James Q. Cannon Memorial Scholarship has now been closed.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be an early career professional (5 years or less) who is working on any QIO project (eg. QIN, HIIN, SURS, ESRD Network etc) or have a maximum of 8 year cumulative experience in healthcare.
- They must be a staff member or contractor of any current AHQA member or member organization.
- Must complete an online application.
- Complete with a 500 word statement of interest in why they want to attend, what they hope to learn at the Quality Summit, and how it will improve their current work.
- Attend the 2018 AHQA Quality Summit
- Attend at least three sessions at the Quality Summit
- Compose a blog post, article, video, or any method agreeable to AHQA that describes their experiences at the AHQA Quality Summit and how it impacted their work.
Click here to apply online.
Applications are due by 11:59 pm ET on February 7, 2018.
About James Q. Cannon