Each year this highly anticipated event in Washington, DC, focuses on current and future health policy and advocacy issues likely to impact the health quality improvement community. The event is tailored for those working in government affairs, policy, advocacy, and communications, as well as executive leadership. Attendees will hear from staff on Capitol Hill, policy experts and other officials on the latest policy issues concerning Medicare and Health Quality Improvement.
The 2019 Policy Forum will dive into many of AHQA’s current challenges and opportunities for advocacy. Topics may include:
- Overview of the healthcare agenda in the 116th Congress
- HHS priority areas (eg. Medicaid, behavioral health, opioid epidemic)
- CMS administrative update (eg. CMMI update, deregulatory update, message from the administrator)
- AHQA legislative and regulatory activity update (eg. NQIIC, business development opportunities)
- And to other potential topics that may be added later!
Afternoons will be reserved for prioritized and coordinated Congressional visits to (re)engage our champions (and future champions) on Capitol Hill.