The Call for Abstracts for the 2017 Quality Summit presented by the American Health Quality Association (AHQA) is now open!
Suggested Presentation Topics
Presentations are encouraged in any of the following topic areas: value driven healthcare (e.g. payment models), SIPs, patient and family engagement, leadership and partnerships with other groups (QIOs, HIINs, ESRD networks, PTNs, etc.), and care coordination and reducing medical harm.
Other ideas for session content related to the topics are welcome.
Successful presentations will address key quality challenges and focus on delivering practical lessons learned and solutions attendees can adapt for use in their day-to-day work. Presentations that demonstrate collaboration outside your community are given priority.
Concurrent Session (60 minutes): These presentations provide attendees the opportunity for in-depth interaction and discussion with experts and researchers, including other quality contractors, who are offering to share best practices. Presentations should be structured as workshop-style panels that offer ample opportunity for both dialogue and Q & A. Presentation emphasis should focus on practical lessons learned and solutions that attendees can adapt for use in their day-to-day work. For these sessions, the lead panelist must submit the proposal, which must include all stated requirements, a list of potential panelists (two to four), background information, session objectives, and description. Sessions with panelists from multiple quality contractors are encouraged.
Five criteria will be used to evaluate abstracts:
- Clarity and organization: Submissions should present topics/ideas in a logical, easy-to-follow format. Abstract titles should be brief, clearly indicating the nature of the topic. Text should be proofread to ensure accuracy.
- Relevance of topic to discipline: Presentations should address the immediate concerns of the discipline and advance the knowledge of attendees.
- Innovation and originality: Information should be new to the audience and offer functional solutions to real-life challenges.
- Practicality and value: Demonstrate quantified improvement: outcomes, lives saved, dollars saved, accidents prevented. Include successes, failures, lessons learned, and practical strategies that can be “taken home” and applied.
- Quality of data and methodology: Experimental and analytical methodologies and data should be defensible. Research should be complete or nearly complete.
Submission Process and Deadline
To be considered for presentation, your submission must be received by 11:59pm ET on Monday, March 13, 2017. Abstracts must be submitted using an abstract submission form and be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: 2017 Quality Summit Abstract Submission. Submissions will be reviewed by a committee, which consists of quality contractors from throughout the country.
- Presenters wishing to attend the conference are required to pay meeting registration fees and all other expenses involved with attending the 2017 Quality Summit, in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Presenters must provide an electronic copy of slides a minimum of seven (7) days ahead of the conference if they wish presentations to be loaded in to the appropriate laptop at the conference. Presenters should also bring a copy of their presentation on USB or CD to the conference. This is very important in case of technical difficulties or other logistical problems.
- The 2017 Quality Summit is a paper-lite event. Hard copies of presentations will not be distributed on-site; however presenters are permitted to bring their own copies for distribution to attendees in their session. All presentations will be posted to the AHQA web site; attendees can access the presentations there.
- Internet will not be provided in the meeting rooms.